CC Leisure Solutions are skills development partners of CIMSPA – the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, and we’ve just completed a deep dive into their 2017 Labour Market Intelligence Report – an excellent overview of the challenges and positives of working in sport and physical activity.
Throughout the report, a clear evidence pattern emerges – those in management roles don’t always hold management qualifications; fewer managers “feel qualified” to do their role than technical staff, and those leaving the world of sport and physical activity cite “poor management” as a reason.
Our DiSC workplace course is fully recognised by CIMSPA and awards 7 CPD points.
In the Report the seven main sections that employers see as “Value by Type” are covered as to why the DiSC Workplace course can help these areas of the business
- Leadership – Leadership, is about first understanding yourself – DiSC workplace course does this by ensuring that each person on the course has an in-depth profile which allows them to “Hold a mirror up “ and take a look at themselves. Once we understand our strengths, we can ensure we use them, once we know our weaknesses then we can develop ourselves or utilise different team members, so the business then uses people more effectively.
- Communication Skills – Different people like to be communicated to in different ways, once we know what makes other tick and how they want things done we can then express in a way that suits each persons style. These were treating people how they like to be treated not treating people how we wish to be treated. Understanding this will probably ensure that we don’t use email as our generic way to get information across.
- Customer Management – From communication, dealing with complaints, following up feedback to general interaction, this needs to be based on the individual needs of the customer, so training the staff to notice different behavioural types and in turn, how we could adapt to them will only enhance the service levels in which the organisation offers.
- Business Coaching and Mentoring – To do this we first need to understand individuals strengths and weaknesses and allow them to see different ways that they could approach situations, the profiles will give each person a full understanding of themselves and also has a three-stage plan for them to consider – and use for personal development. Using the profiles will not only help the person being trained but will also give the coach or mentor a fundamental structure to ensure the best possible results.
- Managing Others – Adapting to individuals and getting the best from people is the primary basis of the course, there is even an individual section where we can use comparison reports to plan the best way to get the best from people you work with, breaking it down into areas like, how to understand them, how to motivate, develop and reward.
- Marketing Process – Different people react to different stimuli – Harvard did a study based on logical marketing vs Emotional marketing – showing how emotional marketing gets better results, if we can market to different behavioural types then we are much more likely to improve ROI on campaigns
- Technical (EG Sports coaching) – We need to individualise the style and type of training to match the individual, they like to be rewarded in different ways and will also have different methods of processing the message – DiSC will help both the coach and the coached by doing just that – a personal improvement plan, with areas to improve focus.
This page has clips demonstrating what the course could do for individuals who attend this course. Click Here.
Any individual who has to deal with people needs this as part of their induction, if we can work with colleagues better, understand how and why our management teams think in a certain way, and then we put the customer first in a way that suits them, business may not then have 40% of the workforce looking to leave the organisation.
If you are interested in learning more, please complete the form below.
If you wish to Download the CIMSPA Labour Market Intelligence Report Click Here